MCSS seeks proposals from educators who require funding to develop special projects and activities relating to the goals and objectives of social studies education such as curriculum development, classroom materials, or evaluation tools.
Grants of up to $300 will be awarded to proposals that best meet the requirements and criteria listed below:
Proposals should include the following information:
- Title of the Project
- Description of the Project Goal(s)
- Timeline of procedures and activities
- Short-term plan for project evaluation and collection of data to show impact on student learning
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Project will impact elementary, middle or high school students’ learning in the content and skills of social studies
- Project demonstrates creative and engaging techniques to teach social studies
- Project is clearly aligned to the 2011 Minnesota Social Studies Standards
- Participants’ commitment to present the project at the MCSS Spring Conference
Mini-grants are intended to fund new projects, and may not be used to fund ongoing programs, the regular purchase of classroom supplies, or teacher stipends.
Proposals will be considered as they are received and will be offered throughout the year.
Apply for a mini-grant online.
Contact Emma Ryan, with questions.